Monday 24 December 2007

Stuffed like a Christmas Turkey

Oh my God! I can't believe that Daniel can be so insensitive.

My cousins from hell have descended on us for the "festive" season. Festive? Ha! There'll be about as much festivity in our house as there would be in the fattening-up shed of a turkey farm with Auntie Heather around. Even on a good day, she looks like she's been sucking lemons and she never has good days when I'm within screaming range. She hates me. Mind you, the feeling it totally mutual.

So anyway, the Addams Family arrived in their four wheel drive gas guzzler - talk about the circus coming to town! And, even though Daniel and I had arranged to go ice skating today on the rink next to the massive Christmas tree in the middle of town, Daniel's only gone and invited my freak-face cousin Justine along too.

I mean, it would be bad enough if it was just your normal insensitivity about inviting a gooseberry to a romantic couples' thing, but add to that the whole history of Daniel and Justine and he might as well have poked me in the eye with a red hot poker and stuck a thousand pins in me.

`What?' he said, like he was appealing to the ref. `I just thought it would be a nice gesture. Peace on Earth and good will to all men and everything.'
`And what about good will to all girlfriends?' I countered.
`I show you good will the whole of the rest of the year. Justine's miles from home and doesn't know anyone round here. I just thought it would be nice.'
Ah ha! So he wanted to be nice to her did he? I knew there was more to this than meets the eye.
`Are you interested in her again?' I challenged.
`Oh jeeeeeeez!' He thumped his wall. `What is it with you?'
`Ok, ok - so you're not interested in Justine...'
`You know what, Magenta? I've had enough of this stupid jealousy thing you've got going on with your cousin. Let's leave the ice skating. I need some space.'
Jealous? Me? How could he even think such a thing? I mean what on earth has Justine got that I could possibly be jealous of?






No comments: