Monday 17 December 2007

My best friend and I hate her!

I am never speaking to Seema again!

She tries to be all mature and prentends that she's sooooooo cool and sophisticated but really she just wriggles out of things and dumps the blame like the rest of the low life in this school.

When I confronted her at lunchtime, she was all, `I did not tell Janet Dibner that you were a total loser in the boyfriend stakes! I simply said that she might be better off speaking to someone who had actual experience of being cheated on. She was the one who decided to ring you.'
See what I mean? Blaming poor Janet, after everything she's been through lately.
I was furious. `Why would she do that if you hadn't put the idea in her head in the first place?'
`Errr..... think about it, Madge! Your track record doesn't exactly qualify you for Relationship Guru of the Year, does it?'
What! And she thinks that's how best friends treat each other? `I just hope you've got an oxygen cylinder,' I snapped.
`Meaning?'
`Meaning; perched up there on your high horse, I'm surprised you don't need breathing apparatus!'
`Oh, you're so childish, Magenta.'

Me childish? Ha! `Mi-mi mi-mi mi-mi mi-mi,' I said, then turned to Arlette. `Come on, Arl. Let's go and get some lunch.'

But then Arlette did the dirty on me too. `Sorry, Madge, but Seema and I have already arranged to go to the library at lunchtime.'

What a traitor!

I was just about to go into the dining hall on my own, when Janet Dibner came round the corner. Uh oh! I needed to make a hasty exit, but I was too late.
`Hi, Magenta. Thanks for your advice at the weekend. D'you want to sit together for lunch?'

Aaaaagggh! Speaking to Janet on the phone is one thing, but sitting with her for lunch is total social suicide.
`Sorry, Janet, but I've arranged to go to the library with Seema and Arlette.' I did a swift one eighty. `Hey, Arl, Seema - wait up....'

No comments: