Saturday 8 December 2007

So, Arl and I are out Christmas shopping, right? Well, when I say Christmas shopping, I mean shopping for clothes and important stuff like shoes and hair accessories for Christmas.

Arlette was all; `You're so mean, Madge. Aren't you buying presents for your family?' Cheek! Just 'cos she was heaped up with more bags than Santa. And a minor detail she seems to have overlooked, is that I am sooooooo organised that everyone in my family is already sorted. I've got:

Dad - socks
Belinda - smellies
Gran - some Baileys liqueur chocolates
And Seema and Arl want this fantastic nail polish, which I can get any time.

So that just leave Daniel and he's easy - I mean, I'll probably draw him a picture or something to stick on his wall - he loves that type of thing. And, it's so personalised!

Anyway, we stopped off at the Filling Station for a drink and a sandwich and they had these really cute snowmen made out of meringue with cream in the middle. OK - I know they're meant for little kids, but hey -I'm comfortable acknowledging my inner child - and, like I said, they were really cute.


Anyway, we'd just sat down when I felt this sneeze coming on. You know how it is - a tickle at the top of your nostril, just itching to be let loose. Oh no. I was rummaging around in my pockets looking for a tissue but just coming up with bus tickets and hair elastics, so Arl said, `Use the paper napkin.' And she pointed at the plate with the meringue snowman on it.
But just then, the door opened and who should walk in but Tyrone Pearman - holding hands with Anthea Pritchard! Can you believe it?

`A...a...a...' I was staring at them (a teensy bit shocked, if I'm being honest) and reached out for the napkin from my plate. `...aaaa...chooooooooo!'
But in my horror at seeing Tyrone with the Pritch, I hadn't grabbed the napkin at all- I'd only gone and grabbed the meringue snowman instead - and sneezed into it! Eeewwww! There was meringue and snot and cream all over the plate and the table and my drink. It had even splattered Arlette, not to mention being all down my brand new jumper!
Anthea Pritchard had this grin on her face. `New look, Magenta? Cool!' she smirked.
Ggggrrrr! I hate her.

No comments: