Thursday 20 December 2007

School's out for Crimbo!

Yay! We broke up at lunchtime.

On the way home, I said to Daniel, `Just think - two whole weeks without the great pink blob stalking me all round the quad trying to catch me out; two whole weeks without the stress of having to think up excuses for not doing my homework; two whole weeks without the threat of detention being held over me; two whole....'

And then he went and spoilt it all. `Well, we do still have to revise for the exams in January.' What is it with Daniel and the whole doom and gloom thing? `And we will still have to go to Mr Dumbarton.' Aka The Dung Beetle - a private tutor who's so old I think kids still used chalk and slates when he started teaching. `And there's that maths investigation...'

`Ok, Ok, Daniel McScrooge!' Honestly! Talk about let's-kill-any-last-remnants-of-festive-spirit.

`Bah humbug!' he laughed. He pulled out a disgusting brown and black striped sweet and pushed it into my mouth. `Happy holidays.' Then he kissed me - with a mouthful of humbug and everything.

But, I have to admit, it was gorgeous, so I'll let him off and kissed him back. Oooooo! This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

No comments: