Wednesday 2 January 2008

New Year Resolutions

1) Never to speak to Daniel again - EVER!
2) Ask Tyrone Pearman to go out with me. Ha! That'll show Daniel.
3) Take a break from washing up - I mean really, my nails are all split and broken. They look like I've been trying to claw my way out of a box. And I'm sure my dad's earning enough to buy a dishwasher.
4) Be nice. I know I'm nice most of the time, but sometimes I can get a bit snappy - only at certain times, mind - if you catch my drift. So I'm going to make a really effort to be nice to everyone all the time. Except Daniel, of course - and my cousin Justine - and her grub of a brother, Holden. Oh, and Mrs Blobby at school. But, apart from that, I'm going to really nice to everybody.

Aaaaaagh! Gran has only gone and volunteered me to wash up after dinner. Talk about a clash of interests. If I'm nice to her and do it, I'll be breaking Resolution number 3, but if I stick with that, I'll be breaking number 4. What a dilemma - and it's only January 2nd!

Phew - crisis over. I told Gran I had to finish my homework before school goes back tomorrow. Now, where's my `Excuses Journal'? I need to find one for my Maths investigation that will cover me for the whole two weeks... sprained wrist?..... septic thumb nail so I couldn't hold a pen?..... food poisoning from a dodgy nut roast? Let me see - food poisoning was last used in October for Science. Yay - that's the one! So, no washing up, no homework and I didn't upset Gran so I'm still a nice person.

Am I a genius, or what?

No comments: