Saturday 19 January 2008

Worst week ever!

OMG! Didn't I tell you I was getting pity chat-ups? Well it's true and yesterday lunchtime my life was going from rock bottom to twenty thousand feet below ground!


a) I was having to walk around school looking like an advert for Specsavers

b) We'd had exams ALL WEEK!

c) Dad had said that I had to keep going to my tutor on Saturday even though I'd been suffering extreme trauma all week with the exams and everything

and,

d) Marc Briggs is a total toad! (With apologies to all amphibians out there!)

As if I wasn't under uber stress all ready, I was in the quad at lunchtime yesterday when Marc came up and he was saying all these fantastic things to me like, how gorgeous I looked and how my new glasses really suited me and made me look really hot.
Seema and Arlette were winking at me and giving me the nod, as if to say, go for it.
Then Marc said, `I never thought I'd say this but, somehow your glasses emphasise your lips; they make them look even more kissable than normal.'

I was, like: WOW! I mean, no one has EVER said that to me before - except Daniel of course, but he doesn't count, because..... well, he just doesn't.

Arl gave me a nudge, so I thought, why not? What have I got to lose? (Ha! If only I'd known - there was my dignity for a start! ) Anyway, I jumped up and said, `You wanna try them out?' And I snogged him! Right there and then, in the quad, at lunchtime, in front of everyone.

But, ohmigod! I could hardly believe what I was hearing next. There was all this cheering and shouting coming from the other side of the quad. Then Tyrone Pearman shouted out; `Fair do's Briggsy - you win; that's a fiver I owe you!'

Can you believe it? He'd only done it for a bet! How horrible is that! I wanted to dig a big hole in the concrete and curl up and die right there in the quad. Instead, I pushed him away and ran towards the sports hall. I just needed to take cover and hide my utter and complete humiliation.

Only, just as I was going to push the swing door inwards, Daniel was coming out and pushed it towards me - right into my face! OOOOOWWWWW! It felt like my nose had exploded.
`Daniel! What the hell do you think you're ...!' I started to shout at him. But then I got this disgusting warm sickly taste in my mouth. Aaaggghh! and then I realised, my nose had exploded - all over me.
`Oh jeez, Magenta - I'm so sorry!' Daniel said, pinching the bridge of my nose and holding my head forward so that the blood that was pouring out of me didn't splash my uniform. Actually, he was very gentle - you can tell he's a trained first-aider. `Let's get you to the medical room,' he said. `I think you might need an X-ray.' Then he bent down and picked up something from the floor. `Oh, no - I think your glasses are broken.'
`Gr...ea...t,' I spluttered. `That's...the best.... bit...of news... I've heard... all week.'

Anyway, I went to A&E but my nose isn't broken - it's just badly bruised - along with my pride and my eyes -again! They'd only just gone down after the unfortunate trampoline episode. At this rate Bejing Zoo will be wanting me on permanent loan for their panda enclosure.

But, on the positive side:
1) Dad has said that he'll look into me having soft lenses (yay!) but he's said defo no to laser eye surgery (boo!)
2) I got to miss the Science exam on Friday afternoon (yay) but I have to take it on my own next week (boo!)
3) Dad has said I can have today off from going to my tutor (yay!) but I have to do supervised revision at home instead (boo!)
and, best of all:
4) Daniel and I are back on again (yay! And double yay!)

He was so sweet after the whole exploding nose thing - I think he felt a teensy little bit guilty - but I didn't mind. He bought me some chocolates and a CD and he kept coming round all last night to check on me. Then, first thing this morning, he came over the balcony and sat on my bed. He took my hands in his and, I must admit, I did go all jelly-wobbles inside.

He looked me straight in the eye (well, I think he did; it's a bit difficult to see properly at the moment.) `You know, Magenta, I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world - and I don't care if you've got two black eyes or if you wear glasses or braces or have to dress up like the Man in the Iron Mask.' Wow - how amazing is that? And I know he wasn't saying it for a bet, because there was only the two of us there. `And,' he went on, `if you'd agree to be my girlfriend again, I'd love to kiss you - when you're all healed up, obviously.'

So, life has finally started to look up again. Oooooo, I can't wait till I get the stitches out of my lip!










No comments: